Electronic Warfare and countermeasures
Countermeasures, Threat Analysis and
Accurately Simulate Environments While Measuring ECM Techniques
At Tektronix, we are the leader in delivering integrated measurement tools that help military and government personnel accurately recreate the physical and electromagnetic environment exposed during field operations.
Today, the dynamic congestion contained within the Electromagnetic Spectrum from other emitters, jammers, and interferes demands higher fidelity instruments to accurately simulate the environments represented in the field to ensure electronic protection systems are fully tested out, so our military forces can detect realistic threats and stay out of harm’s way.
Accurately replicate physical and electromagnetic environmental effects
Performance in the lab is never as true as performing in the field. That’s why, in verifying key performance parameters during system development testing and technique development in the lab or chamber, requires introducing atmospheric and electromagnetic effects to the waveform scenario generation. Tektronix has high fidelity arbitrary waveform generators coupled with powerful software enabling multipath generation, high pulse dense environments and attenuation control for rain, fog and other electromagnetic effects.
Tek has durable instruments that replicate the following with precision:
- Physical positional effects
- Physical atmospheric effects (rain, fog, dust storms)
- Electromagnetic effects (clutter, multipath)
Multidomain visibility for validating ECM techniques real-time
Development test events and chamber time can be costly. Capturing data right the first time is essential. Real-time situational awareness allows for validation of countermeasure techniques without any interruption to the test event, verifying technique transitions in both time and frequency domains requires high resolution captures.
All if this can be done with precision tools enabled by RSA Spectrum Analyzers. With Tek’s form factors RSAs, you can also:
- Recreate lifelike radio signals as precisely as possible
- Build complex signal environments
Techniques for Validating Electronic Countermeasures
This webinar examines approaches for ECM performance validation. A few examples of what you will learn: discover the true RF Signature of Threat stimuli and verify ECM Techniques using real-time spectrum analysis, and how to verify coordinated techniques in both the time domain and frequency domain simultaneously.
Advanced Radar Analysis
Rapid advances in radar technology means you're developing and manufacturing highly specialized and innovative electronic products to detect radar signals. You need to reduce uncertainty and increase confidence during the design process. This application note digs into the tools you need to handle modern radar applications.
The full-motion DPX spectrum's Live RF display shows signals never seen before, giving users instant insight and greatly accelerating discovery and diagnosis. Learn more about DPX with this primer.
Generate Complex RF Signals
Unparalleled signal fidelity, coupled with class-leading sample rate and memory depth, gives you the industry's best signal stimulus solution for complex RF baseband signal generation and precision experimental applications.
- Sample rates up to 10 GS/s (with 2x interpolation)
- 2, 4, and 8 channel configurations
- -70 dBc spurious free dynamic range
- 16 bits vertical resolution
- 2 GSample waveform memory per channel
Test With More Accuracy and Fidelity
Innovative test equipment reduces testing uncertainty during the design process and delivers confidence in the integrity of increasingly complex designs. The industry-leading AWG70000 Series represents the cutting edge in sample rate, signal fidelity, and waveform memory.
- Sample rates up to 50 GS/s
- -80 dBc spurious free dynamic range
- 10 bits vertical resolution
- 16 GSample waveform memory
Validate ECM Techniques in Real-Time
With it's impressive sweep speed with high sensitivity you can complete a 10 GHz span sweep with a noise floor of -110 dBm/Hz in just 22 seconds. Multiple traces, markers and standard measurements are always at the ready with the RSA5000 series.
- +17 dBm 3rd order intercept at 2 GHz
- ±0.3 dB absolute amplitude accuracy to 3 GHz
- Phase noise: –113 dBc/Hz at 1 GHz and –134 dBc/Hz at 10 MHz carrier frequency, 10 kHz offset
- High-speed sweeps with high resolution and low noise: 1 GHz sweeps at 10 kHz RBW in
- Real time spurious free dynamic range of 80 dB with HD options
Easily Create Complex Modulation Schemas
Simulating signal impairments to stress test your system and add environmental stresses can be hard to replicate, account for, or calibrate. SourceXpress makes creation of complex modulation schemes easy, giving visibilty of your Tx module and system performance.
- S-parameters can be used to model a subsystem in the Tx section
- Pre-compensation of the Arbitrary Waveform Generator output corrects for losses
- Tx output can be directly evaluated with SourceXpress scope, plus SignalVu VSA (up to 70GHz)
|Emission Control, Radiation Hazards, and the Value of Intelligent RF Sensing for These Applications|
In this whitepaper, we will discuss electromagnetic radiation, EMCON and the three forms of RADHAZ. We’ll conclude with a discussion of how incorporating a USB Real-Time Spectrum Analyzer, such as Tektronix’ RSA500 series, can assist in identifying EMCON violations and mitigating RADHAZ risks.