Broadband SATCOMM System Level and Module Level Test
System Level and Module Level Test
SATCOM Communication Test at the System or Component Level
The ever-increasing need to reliably transmit data, voice, and high-resolution imaging via a satellite link is demanding use of the latest technologies in transmission modulation techniques to achieve highest data throughput, as well as extremely high signal fidelity on both the transmitter and receiver sides of the system to minimize data errors. Tek provides the tools that are up to the challenges of testing at both the system level and the component level.
Quickly and accurately measure SATCOM channel performance vector magnitude
The ability to reliably transmit and receive secure communication is vital to military command and control. Every element in the link can adversely impact the quality of the communication. Having the right test equipment is essential in the design of a new system, performance verification of an installed system, or the repair system components.
To address these needs, the Tektronix DPO77002SX provides the ability to acquire any signal from DC through most of the V-band (up to 70GHz). This direct acquisition without the use of downconverters provides minimum degradation of the signals being tested. The fully integrated SignalVu software provides spectral analysis, demodulation (e.g. QPSK, 16QAM, etc.), constellation diagrams, and EVM measurements directly from the acquired data. Measurements can be corrected from system loss and reflections in the signal path (e.g. waveguides, cables, etc.) using the SDLA optional software. EVM measurements of 2.1% have been achieved using this equipment.
Creating complex modulation schemes made easy
Having the communication system capable of sending signals for tactical command and control, intelligence, surveillance, and other combat support information is critical to keeping you safe and one step ahead of the opposition. However, finding the right signal source to fully test your communication system and components can be challenging, especially if you are trying to generate impaired signals to stress-test that system.
The Tektronix AWG70000A and AWG5200 signal sources are well suited for generating complex modulation baseband, IF, and RF/microwave signals (e.g. BPSK I&Q, 16QAM, and many others), and can also be used to add a variety of impairments to stress test the system using the fully integrated SourceXpress software along with the RF Generic Plug-in. A precomp feature in SourceXpress allows for automated compensation of losses between the AWG and the DUT.
- Easily create complex modulation schemes
- Simulate signal impairments to stress test the system
- Precompensate for system losses between the AWG signal source and the DUT
Conquering Complex Radar Signals
A webinar that focuses on the challenges related to the creation and generation of complex radar signals. Will provide you with some tools to help make this task more efficient.
Creating Signals That Look Real to Radar
This application note covers radar signal characteristics like formats, frequencies, and functions; modulation types and methods; radar signal generation approaches, from baseband to modulated RF; and how to create realistic radar waveforms with a high-performance AW
Generating Advanced Radar Signals Using AWGs
This application note explains how to take advantage of the increased sample rate, analog bandwidth, memory, and digital outputs found in the Arbitrary Waveform Generators (AWGs) in order to: increase resolution, decrease false target returns, and increase the probability of detecting actual targets.
Low noise and flat frequency response to 70 GHz
With 70 GHz of oscilloscopic muscle, Tektronix provides the industry’s lowest-noise real time acquisition, and patented Asynchronous Time Interleaving (ATI) technology. With a tidy, compact form factor – worthy of the discrete nature of your work – we offer flexible system configurations and essential scalability to complex systems.
- Low noise, 70 GHz real time signal capture using patented ATI architecture
- Compact 5 ¼" (3U) instrument package for the most versatile multi-channel systems
- Precise, scalable performance using UltraSync multi-unit time synchronization bus
- Highest trigger performance with >25 GHz Edge trigger bandwidth, unique Envelope trigger
- 14.1 Gbps hardware serial trigger - Assures triggering on the first instance of a specified 8b10b pattern to allow isolation of pattern-dependent effects.
- Monitor & debug satellite communications over K-Band (20-40 GHz)
Easily Create Complex Modulation Schemas
Simulating signal impairments to stress test your system and add environmental stresses can be hard to replicate, account for, or calibrate. SourceXpress makes creation of complex modulation schemes easy, giving visibilty of your Tx module and system performance.
- S-parameters can be used to model a subsystem in the Tx section
- Pre-compensation of the Arbitrary Waveform Generator output corrects for losses
- Tx output can be directly evaluated with SourceXpress scope, plus SignalVu VSA (up to 70GHz)
Generate I and Q or IF Signals with wide bandwidth
Innovative test equipment reduces testing uncertainty during the design process and delivers confidence in the integrity of increasingly complex designs. The industry-leading AWG70000 Series arbitrary waveform generator represents the cutting edge in sample rate, signal fidelity, and waveform memory.
- Sample rates up to 50 GS/s
- -80 dBc spurious free dynamic range
- 10 bits vertical resolution
- 16 GSample waveform memory
- Real time spurious free dynamic range of 80 dB with HD options