The development and production of optoelectronics devices such as laser diodes is accelerating due to a rising number of 3D sensing applications such as facial recognition, gesturing, automotive safety, autonomous driving vehicles, augmented reality in gaming and consumer products, and human-machine interfaces and robotics in industrial applications. In these applications, the Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) is one of the primary components used in 3D sensing applications. VCSELs are a type of semiconductor laser diode with laser beam emission perpendicular from the top surface, as compared to a conventional edge-emitting semiconductor.
In this Webinar, you will learn:
- Why Laser Diodes are used in 3D sensing applications
- What measurement parameters of LIV testing are required and why they are so important
- The use of synchronized pulse testing to detect and capture light power
- What can or will go wrong when you develop your LIV test system
- What test instrumentation is recommended for LIV testing
Speaker: John Tucker
John Tucker is the Product Marketer for the Keithley Source Measure Unit product line of Tektronix, Inc. He has been with Keithley for over 28 years, serving in a variety of positions including test engineer, applications engineer, applications manager, product manager, and business development manager.