MPEG Test and Monitoring Generator
Features & Benefits
- High Capacity Storage and Playback of MPEG Transport Streams Files Let you Build, Maintain and Use a Large Local Library
- Real-time Updating of Time Stamps and Time Tables for Error-free Looping
- DVB, ATSC and ISDB Sample Transport Streams Provided To Get You Started
- Easy Integration with MTS300 for Transport Stream Creation to Support Compliance and Stress Testing of Video Products Using MPEG-2 Technology
- 100Base-T Ethernet Download of Transport Streams for Optimal Flexibility
- Color Hierarchical Display of Transport Stream Components for Quick and Easy Interpretation of Complex Structures
- A Full Suite of Electrical Interfaces Let You Address a Wide Range of Applications
- PSI/SI/PSIP Editor to Create Streams That Simulate Marginal Conditions
- Dynamic Insertion of System Information for "On-the-fly" Stream Modification to Reduce Test and Troubleshooting Time
- Locally Edit Transport Stream Headers to Help You Fully Exercise Designs
- Extensive and Flexible Control of PCR Value and Interval Jitter Lets You Stress and Characterize Product Performance
- Delete or Replace Transport Stream Packets and Sections in Real Time to test Products Under a Wide Range of Conditions
- IRD/STB Design Test
- IRD/STB Manufacturing Test
- Evaluation of Professional MPEG Equipment
- Performance Verification of MPEG Systems
- Substitution Generator for Digital TV Transmitters
The MTG300 MPEG-2 Generator is a flexible, cost-effective source of MPEG-2 transport streams for design evaluation and conformance testing of compressed digital video products. This instrument offers storage and playback of MPEG-2 transport streams compliant with the ATSC, DVB and ISDB standards. The MTG300 generates error-free, seamless transport streams for long term playout. To facilitate complete stress testing, the MTG300 features the most comprehensive capabilities for customizing transport streams on the market. The basic functionality of the MTG300, combined with the customization features of the MTG300, makes this MPEG generator ideally suited for use in research, design and manufacturing applications.
Maximum Data Rate - 80 Mb/s.
Minimum Data Rate - 0.5 Mb/s.
Output-Rate Resolution - 1 Hz or 10 ppm, whichever is larger.
Internal Reference - 27 MHz ±1 ppm.
Output Clock Frequency - 0.5 MHz to 80 MHz locked to reference clock.
External Reference Input - 27 MHz ±1 ppm (recommended).
Transport Stream Interfaces
ASI - Burst and non-burst, user selectable.
SSI - SMPTE 310.
ECL - Parallel and Serial.
TTL - Parallel and Serial.
LVDS - Parallel and Serial.
Packet Length - 188, 204 or 208 bytes.
Control Interfaces - The instrument can be controlled through the Ethernet port.
Seamless Looping - Any transport stream can be looped, with real-time update of all time stamps, continuity counters and time tables (TDT or STT).
PSI, SI or PSIP Tables Manipulation - PSI/SI/PSIP tables can be dynamically deleted, inserted or replaced by user-defined tables. Tables can be created by the AD951/AD953/MTS300. The starting and ending time of the table changes can be set to any value within PCR reference time.
Real-time Stress Addition - The following can be applied to any transport stream:
TS Header Stress - The packet headers for any TS element can be modified to any value.
Packets from any PID can be deleted over a user-specified interval.
Time tables (TDT or STT) can be inserted, including real-time updating of the time.
Undefined PIDs (i.e., not default PID numbers, or those referenced by the PAT or any PMT) can be inserted.
PCR Stress - PCR Jitter: For a PCR value change, pattern, period, duration and amplitude can be defined.
PCR Period: For a PCR packet period change, both period and period jitter are supported; pattern, period, duration and amplitude can be defined.
Transport Stream Storage - At least 18 GB standard. Any transport stream length, up to the entire storage amount, can be generated.
Sample Transport Streams
Sample streams can be seamlessly looped, including updating of all time stamps, continuity counters and time tables (TDT or STT), without buffer under- or overflow.
Transport Stream Creation - Compatible with transport stream recorders and off line multiplexers such as the AD951/AD952/AD953/AD954/MTS300, that can export a captured, modified or created file.
100Base-T - MTG Comm, an included standard accessory PC software program, can download and upload transport streams through the Ethernet port to/from the MTG300.
Remote Control - MTG Comm, an included standard accessory PC software program, can control MTG300 through the Ethernet port. Stream generation start/stop, output stream selection and the recall of user presets can be controlled.
Temperature - Operating: +5°C to +40°C.
Nonoperating: -20°C to +60°C.
Humidity - Operating: 20% to 80% (noncondensing).
Nonoperating: 5% to 90% (noncondensing).
AC Line - 90 to 250 VAC, auto switching.
Line Frequency - 48 to 63 Hz.
Power Consumption - 200 Watts Max.
EMC - Meets intent of Directive 89/336/EEC.
Safety Certification - Complies with the following safety standards:
UL3111-1 - Standard for electrical measuring and test equipment.
Can/CSA c22.2 No.1010.1 - Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use.
IEC61010-1 - Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use.
EN61010-1 - Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use.
Warranty - 1 year.