Live Chat with Tek representatives. Available 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CET.
Call us at 1-800-833-9200
Available 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (CET) Business Days
ADA400A Differential Preamplifier, Datasheet
The ADA400A Differential Preamplifier allows direct oscilloscope measurements of very low amplitude voltages and signals which are not ground referenced. The high impedance of both inputs eliminates the need to add additional ground points in the DUT, thereby avoiding circulating currents which disturb the measurement or the circuit.
Key performance specifications
- 10 μV/div sensitivity
- Typically 100 dB CMRR DC to 10 kHz
- Active differential preamplifier
- Integral probe power with TEKPROBE™ BNC
- The ADA400A is powered directly from TDS400, TDS500, TDS600, TDS700, TDS5000, TDS7000 (TEKPROBE), TDS7000 (TekConnect) w/ TCA-1MEG Series oscilloscopes.
The ADA400A may also be powered by a 1103 Probe Power Supply.
- Mechanical analysis
- Audio design
- Biomedical research (not certified for patient connection)
- Medical equipment (not certified for patient connection)
The high gain and extremely high common mode rejection of the ADA400A Differential Preamplifier provide usable measurements of voltages as low as 5 μV, even in high-noise environments. Selectable bandwidth limiting reduces normal mode noise from digital logic, switch mode power supplies, and line frequency sources. Adjustable differential offset allows the user to null out transducer bridge bias and galvanic potential from the test setup. An "infinite impedance" mode can be selected in the two highest gain ranges allowing accurate measurements of signals with high source impedance.
All specifications are guaranteed unless noted otherwise. All specifications apply to all models unless noted otherwise.
- Gain settings
- 100x, 10x, 1x, 0.1x
- ≥100,000: 1 DC - 10 kHz
- Signal ranges
Gain setting Common Mode signal range Differential signal range 1 Max offset 100x ±10 V 0.1 V ±1.0 V 10x ±10 V 1 V ±1.0 V 1x ±40 V 10 V ±40 V 0.1x ±40 V 80 V ±40 V
1 For higher voltages, attenuating probes may be used, but CMRR performance will be degraded.
- Bandwidth limits
- 100 Hz, 3 kHz, 100 kHz, full (≥1 MHz)
- Input impedance
- 1 MΩ || ~ 55 pF (infinity Ω selectable in 100x and 10x gains)
- Typically ≤30 μVRMS at 100x gain (referred to input)
- Differential Preamplifier
- Instruction manual
- Spare input fuses (2)
- P6101B 1x passive probe
- 2 recommended
- Opt. C3
- Calibration Service 3 Years
- Opt. C5
- Calibration Service 5 Years
- Opt. D1
- Calibration Data Report
- Opt. D3
- Calibration Data Report 3 Years (with Opt. C3)
- Opt. D5
- Calibration Data Report 5 Years (with Opt. C5)
- Opt. R5
- Repair Service 5 Years (including warranty)
- Opt. SILV200
- Standard warranty extended to 5 years